Effective as of August 24, 2018
We are committed to protecting our visitor’s and customer’s privacy. This Privacy Notice explains what information of yours will be collected by Miller Fabrication Solutions when you visit www.millerfabricationsolutions.com (Website), how the information will be used, and how you can control the collection, correction and/or deletion of information. We will not use or share your information with anyone except as described in this Privacy Notice.
The “Company,” “Miller Fabrication,” “us”, “we” or “our” refers to Miller Fabrication Solutions, a company incorporated in the State of Pennsylvania, USA.
BY USING OUR WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
Please review the following carefully so that you understand our privacy practices.
The Information We Collect
We only collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it to us. “Personal Information” is any information that can be used to identify you. We may obtain Personal Information such as:
- Your name
- Your contact information (such as email or mailing address and phone number)
- Business affiliation, industry and position
We obtain this information when you register on our Website, sign up for our newsletter, request information or otherwise contact us through the Website.
We also collect non-Personal Information when you visit the Website. This information is not used to identify you. The Website collects general data and information when you visit the Website, including:
- Browser types and versions
- Operating system
- The website from which an accessing system reaches our Website
- The date and time of access to the Internet site and
- Your Internet protocol address (IP address), in some jurisdictions your IP address is considered personal information
Cookies and Related Technology
We use “cookies” to store and sometimes track visitor information. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies can be disabled or controlled by setting a preference within your browser. You can use the help function in your browser to search for how to change your cookie settings.
The newsletter of Miller Fabrication Solutions contains so-called tracking pixels. A tracking pixel is a miniature graphic embedded in such emails, which are sent in HTML format to enable log file recording and analysis. This allows a statistical analysis of the success or failure of online marketing campaigns. Based on the embedded tracking pixel, Miller Fabrication Solutions may see if and when an email was opened by an individual, and which links in the email are clicked on by an individual. Personal Information collected in the tracking pixels contained in the newsletters are stored and analyzed by the controller in order to optimize the newsletter and adapt future content to the interests of the individuals who receive the newsletter. The Personal Information collected in relation to the newsletters is not sold to third parties.
Do not track signals and requests are sent from your browser to websites you visit indicating you do not want to be tracked or monitored. Websites are not required to accept these requests and many do not. At this time, our Website does not honor do not track signals or requests.
The Way We Use Your Information
The Personal Information we collect may be used in the following ways:
- To deliver the content of our website correctly.
- To provide you with the services and products you have requested.
- To optimize the content of our website and ensure the long-term viability of our technology.
- To improve our products and services.
- To provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary to investigate a cyber-attack and when required or permitted to share Personal Information with law enforcement.
- When you have provided us with written consent to do so
By providing Miller Fabrication Solutions with your name, email address or other information and selecting the opt-in checkbox on any forms on the Website, you consent to our using the email address to send you the correspondence or information you have selected or requested. This may include, for example, marketing materials, newsletters, event promotions, collateral, or special offers. You may use Subscription Preferences at any time to opt-out of future communications.
Where we are required to provide you with a notice or other information by applicable law or to provide you with the product or service you have requested from us, we are not required to obtain your consent before contacting you.
Disclosure or Transfer of Your Personal Information
Miller Fabrication Solutions will not lease or sell your Personal Information to others, except as described in this Privacy Notice. Miller Fabrication Solutions stores Personal Information on a combination of its own servers and databases and servers and databases provided by third parties hosted in a secured environment behind an advanced firewall.
As you use our Website, you may interact with our business partners. In order to provide you with additional support and features you may find useful, some Personal Information may be shared with partners who created collateral or messages and who have agreed to maintain the privacy and security of your Personal Information.
We may also transfer or disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- In relation to a corporate transaction (such as a merger or acquisition)
- When required by or to comply with applicable law or court order (such as a subpoena)
- To enforce our legal rights
- With third-party service providers (such as those who help us maintain the Website or to provide products and services you have requested)
- When you have provided us with written consent to do so
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose Personal Information in public areas, such as comments on our blog, that information might be collected and disseminated by visitors, and result in, among other things, unsolicited inquiries, messages, and offers from such visitors. You should use caution when deciding to disclose any Personal Information on the Website, especially areas to which the public has access.
Some jurisdictions (state, federal, national and international), such as California, Canada, and the European Economic Area (under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)), provide individuals with certain rights regarding their Personal Information. To exercise any rights your jurisdiction may provide, contact us at the contact information listed at the end of this Privacy Notice. As examples, GDPR provides European residents with the following individual rights.
- Being informed about your Personal Information. You may have the right to understand what Personal Information we collect about you as well as how we use and share that Personal Information. This Privacy Notice provides you with this information.
- Viewing and obtaining a copy of the Personal Information we maintain about you.
- Amending or revising the Personal Information we maintain about you.
- Having the Personal Information we keep about you erased (also known as the right to be forgotten).
- Objecting to the use of your Personal Information for direct marketing.
- Restricting our use of the Personal Information we maintain about you.
- Transferring the Personal Information we maintain about you to another entity.
- Objecting to our use of the Personal Information we maintain about you.
- Objecting to automated decision making or profiling.
- Filing a complaint with us or the appropriate governmental entity.
We may require that you verify your identity before exercising your individual rights.
The Personal Information we collect is securely stored within our database, and we use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers – 256 bit) for protecting your information. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Miller Fabrication Solutions and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. Note that this is not a guarantee that the Personal Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Our Website is not directed towards or intended for children under 16, who are not allowed to register with our Website. If you are under 16, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we discover that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 16 without parental consent, Miller Fabrication Solutions will delete that information as soon as possible, no later than in 30 days.
We will maintain your Personal Information only for the length of time necessary to complete the reason for which you have provided us with the information, but no longer than permitted by applicable law. For example, if you register for an account, we will maintain the Personal Information associated with that registration for as long as the account is active and a reasonable period of inactivity.
Links to Other Websites
We provide links to other websites for informational purposes, for your convenience or to offer additional services through separate websites and, depending on your device and settings, applications (commonly referred to as “apps”) linked to our Website (“Linked Websites”). Linked Websites are independent from our Website and are not governed by this Privacy Notice. We do not review, have control over their content or endorse Linked Websites or the information, software, products or services available on the Linked Websites. We also have no control over the privacy notices used by Linked Websites. If you decide to access any of the Linked Websites, you do so at your own risk.
We store information received through or by our Website in the United States. If you are providing the information from another country, you agree to and understand that the information will be transferred, stored and used in the United States.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If we change this Privacy Notice, we will post those changes on our website along with an updated effective date for the updated Privacy Notice. In some circumstances, we may notify visitors of the change by highlighting the Privacy Notice, a popup message or other means.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, have a complaint or would like to exercise your individual rights, contact our Data Protection Officer at:
+1 (814) 220-1013
Data Protection Officer
Miller Fabrication Solutions
111 2nd Street
P.O. Box G
Brookville, PA 15825